We’re going to sing in Carnegie Hall!
Saturday, April 25, 2020: Sharp’s “River Medley: Show Me The Way” and “Come Away to the Skies: High Lonesome Mass”, at Carnegie Hall with the Chuck Nation Band (Residency: April 22-26, 2020). Registration deadline: MAY 21, 2019.
Concert-Only Residency Package: $899/performer and $499/non-performer (Does not include air fare, transportation in NYC or hotel accommodations.)
SAMPLE ITINERARY (SPECIFIC EVENT TIMES DURING YOUR RESIDENCY WILL BE ANNOUNCED 90-100 DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR ARRIVAL.)
Arrival in NYC (Individuals responsible for hotel accommodations)
One rehearsal with piano only, in the morning or afternoon. The evening is free.
Same as DAY 2.
Dress rehearsal in Carnegie Hall; concert; and post-concert cruise around the Statue of Liberty and lower Manhattan with music, dancing, dinner, and two drinks provided.
CONCERT DRESS: WHAT YOU WEAR FOR PERFORMANCES
Payment Schedule for Performers: (all deposits are non-refundable)
1st deposit due $300 per person May 21, 2019
2nd deposit due $200 per person November 12, 2019
3rd deposit due $200 per person January 7, 2020
Final payment due (balance) February 18, 2020
Payment Schedule for Non-Performers:
1st deposit due $300 per person May 21, 2019
Final payment due February 18, 2020
The Concert-Only Residency Performer Package Includes:
1. COMPLETE, EXTENSIVE, PROFESSIONAL ARTISTIC DEVELOPMENT AND ADMINISTRATION of your performance in New York City, including: venue, conductor, soloists, orchestra engagement/management; labor and personnel at the hall, including ushers, stage crew, house managers, etc.; official “Playbill” preparation and printing; publicity and
audience development (flyers, posters, press releases, etc.); schedules; protocols; rehearsal site and accompanist arrangements; backstage management; security passes; and day-to-day concert- and residency-related matters in the months leading up to your performance. In addition, MidAmerica provides assistance with pre-concert preparation (rehearsal notes, pre-concert recording evaluations, and on-site conductor visits for select programs). During the five-day residency itself, MidAmerica staff are on-site to manage all concert-related activities.
2. An exclusive POST-CONCERT CELEBRATION RECEPTION CRUISE on-board the “Spirit of New York” or “Spirit of New Jersey” (or similar). All Concert-Only Package performers and non-performers are treated to a two-hour sail featuring a spectacular view of the Statue of Liberty and the Manhattan skyline, with a buffet dinner, music, and dancing. Two drink tickets will also be provided; extra drinks can be purchased on board. (Bus transportation will be provided from Carnegie Hall to Chelsea Piers and then back to the residency hotel for an additional $39/person for those who wish this service.) [A limited number of friends and family may also be accommodated for an additional $139 per person. Tickets are available starting 60 days prior to the concert. Please contact Norman Dunfee, Production Manager, email@example.com for ordering information.] Cruise guests must be 21 years of age or older to consume alcoholic beverages and this is strictly enforced by the cruise line.
3. ONE FREE CONCERT-ONLY PACKAGE is provided for every 30 paying performer registrants
4. A DISTINGUISHED GUEST CONDUCTOR
5. PROFESSIONAL INSTRUMENTALISTS FOR BOTH REHEARSALS AND CONCERT
6. MIDAMERICA’S AUDIENCE DEVELOPMENT DIVISION
7. MIDAMERICA’S PUBLIC RELATIONS DIVISION
8. TWO COMPLIMENTARY CONCERT TICKETS (Parquet seating) to each director who brings 30+ performers
9. REHEARSAL FACILITIES
10. EACH PARTICIPANT WILL RECEIVE A 8.5X11” REPLICA OF THE GIANT MARQUEE POSTERwhich announces your concert at Carnegie Hall.
11. MACY’S DISCOUNT COUPON redeemable at Macy’s, NYC, (34th St. & Broadway)
12. MONEY-SAVING DISCOUNTS for various nearby restaurants
All non-performers will receive:
- Attendance at all rehearsals – including the closed dress rehearsal at Carnegie Hall
- One COMPLIMENTARY CONCERT TICKET (Value: $150, Parquet/Main level)
3. Restaurant and Macy’s Discounts
4. An admission ticket for the post-concert celebration cruise (including dinner & 2 drink tickets)
Discounted tickets will be available 90-120 days prior to the concert date through:
Molly Waymire at PipTix at firstname.lastname@example.org or 917-513-3080
Beginning 2 calendar months prior to the concert, full-price tickets will be available through Carnegie Hall at www.carnegiehall.org or CarnegieCharge at 212-247-7800
(Current 2018-2019 ticket prices: $50-$150 Parquet, 1st & 2nd Tiers, and Dress Circle)
Even though members make their own flight and housing arrangements with this package, it would still be fun to coordinate as a chorus so that we can enjoy the experience as a group. That could include touring or seeing a Broadway show among other things.
The above photo celebrates our five-year members. Each of these musicians has sung with us in each of our five seasons!